Maharashtra: Sugarcane price logjam continues
Pune: The talks to resolve the sugarcane
price hike issue remained inconclusive on Thursday, as state
cooperation minister Harshavardhan Patil sought more time to
discuss certain `policy matters` with Chief Minister
After the day-long discussions with the representatives
of the agitating sugarcane growers here, Patil said, "We will
continue the talks tomorrow after consulting the Chief
Minster," and added that he was confident of ending the
Reacting to Patil`s statement, farmers` leader and MP
Raju Shetty said the government was employing delaying
"My fast will continue till our demands are met and the
agitation will be intensified if the talks fail tomorrow," he
Shetty`s fast will enter the fifth day tomorrow. The
farmers are demanding a price of Rs 2,350 per tonne of
Maharashtra Chief minister Prithviraj Chavan has called
for a "practical solution" to the sugarcane growers` demand,
stating that the "mathematics" of sugar industry should be
considered while working out the solution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside