Maharashtra: Teenager gang-raped in moving car
Nashik: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by three persons in a moving car in the city, police said on Friday.
The Class IX student was forcibly taken into a car by the three men in Chetna Nagar area on Wednesday evening, who gang-raped her in the moving vehicle and later dropped her at the spot from where she was picked, police said.
They threatened her against telling about the incident to anybody.
However, the girl mustered courage and informed her younger sister about the incident yesterday, who informed their parents.
The victim`s parents then approached police and after her medical test, a complaint was filed against the unidentified youths late last night, police said.
Meanwhile, police were trying to contact the girl`s friends in school in order to ascertain the identity of the culprits and trace them.
Nashik Police Commissioner Kulwant Kumar Sarangal and Deputy Commissioner D S Swami also met the girl`s parents and assured them speedy action in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves