Maharashtra: Tehsildar caught accepting Rs 5 lakh bribe
Thane: A tehsildar was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs five lakhs from a person here, the Anti Corruption Bureau said.
Karjat tehsilar Uvraj Bhanger had allegedly demanded Rs 10 lakhs from a person, Vinit Shirmade, who was involved in some excavation work, Thane Range DSP (ACB) Sandip Karnik said.
The tehsildar had served him a notice for excess excavation and not paying royalty. He demanded Rs 10 lakh to withdraw the notice, but finally settled for Rs five lakh.
When the complainant went to his residence yesterday to pay the bribe, the tehsildar was caught by ACB sleuths.
In a similar case, a talathi in Raigad, Datta Jadhav, was arrested for allegedly accepting Rs 5,000 from a complainant.
Jadhav was caught in the office of circle inspector while accepting the money from complainant Dilip More for carrying out certain modifications in a land record.
Offences under Prevention of Corruption Act have been registered against both in the respective police stations and further investigations are being carried out by Raigadh unit of ACB, Karnik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report