‘Maharashtra to be brought under DC regulations’
Mumbai: By applying new Development Control Regulations for `A`, `B` and `C` Class Municipalities as well as rural areas in Maharashtra, the entire state will be brought under systematic Development Control Regulations, Governor K Sankaranarayanan said here on Thursday.
He was delivering the customary address to the joint session of the Maharashtra Legislature at Vidhan Bhavan, which marked the beginning of the Budget session.
"To ensure planned development of land in urban areas of the State, the Government is in the process of amending the
Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning Act, 1966 for envisaging time bound pooling of land, development of
infrastructure and value addition to the lands to achieve
planned development of peri-urban areas," he said.
This will obviate the need for acquiring costly land for amenities and services and go a long way in transforming
undeveloped areas of the State into vibrant urban neighbourhoods, Sankaranarayanan said.
The governor lauded state`s first Chief Minister Yashwantrao Chavan whose birth centenary is being celebrated this year.
Besides being instrumental in laying foundation of developmental works in the state, Chavan contributed immensely in keeping Maharashtra ahead in panchayat raj, agriculture, industry, co-operation, social justice, literature, education, arts and culture including basic infrastructure, he said.
The United Nations has declared the year 2012 as the `International Year of Co-operatives` and the state government has decided to celebrate this occasion by undertaking various activities, programmes and schemes throughout the year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH