‘Maharashtra to be brought under DC regulations’
Mumbai: By applying new Development Control Regulations for `A`, `B` and `C` Class Municipalities as well as rural areas in Maharashtra, the entire state will be brought under systematic Development Control Regulations, Governor K Sankaranarayanan said here on Thursday.
He was delivering the customary address to the joint session of the Maharashtra Legislature at Vidhan Bhavan, which marked the beginning of the Budget session.
"To ensure planned development of land in urban areas of the State, the Government is in the process of amending the
Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning Act, 1966 for envisaging time bound pooling of land, development of
infrastructure and value addition to the lands to achieve
planned development of peri-urban areas," he said.
This will obviate the need for acquiring costly land for amenities and services and go a long way in transforming
undeveloped areas of the State into vibrant urban neighbourhoods, Sankaranarayanan said.
The governor lauded state`s first Chief Minister Yashwantrao Chavan whose birth centenary is being celebrated this year.
Besides being instrumental in laying foundation of developmental works in the state, Chavan contributed immensely in keeping Maharashtra ahead in panchayat raj, agriculture, industry, co-operation, social justice, literature, education, arts and culture including basic infrastructure, he said.
The United Nations has declared the year 2012 as the `International Year of Co-operatives` and the state government has decided to celebrate this occasion by undertaking various activities, programmes and schemes throughout the year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH