‘Maharashtra to be brought under DC regulations’
Mumbai: By applying new Development Control Regulations for `A`, `B` and `C` Class Municipalities as well as rural areas in Maharashtra, the entire state will be brought under systematic Development Control Regulations, Governor K Sankaranarayanan said here on Thursday.
He was delivering the customary address to the joint session of the Maharashtra Legislature at Vidhan Bhavan, which marked the beginning of the Budget session.
"To ensure planned development of land in urban areas of the State, the Government is in the process of amending the
Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning Act, 1966 for envisaging time bound pooling of land, development of
infrastructure and value addition to the lands to achieve
planned development of peri-urban areas," he said.
This will obviate the need for acquiring costly land for amenities and services and go a long way in transforming
undeveloped areas of the State into vibrant urban neighbourhoods, Sankaranarayanan said.
The governor lauded state`s first Chief Minister Yashwantrao Chavan whose birth centenary is being celebrated this year.
Besides being instrumental in laying foundation of developmental works in the state, Chavan contributed immensely in keeping Maharashtra ahead in panchayat raj, agriculture, industry, co-operation, social justice, literature, education, arts and culture including basic infrastructure, he said.
The United Nations has declared the year 2012 as the `International Year of Co-operatives` and the state government has decided to celebrate this occasion by undertaking various activities, programmes and schemes throughout the year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'