Maharashtra to extend blood supply on 2-wheeler scheme to whole state
Mumbai: `Blood on call`, an initiative of the Maharashtra government to ensure speedy blood supply in the rural areas, will be extended to the entire state from August.
At present, a pilot project is operating in Sindhudurg and Satara districts, Health Minister Suresh Shetty told reporters here, adding that the initiative got a good response in the two districts.
Under the project, the blood is transported by motorbike riders. The bikes are fitted with cold storage box.
These bikes have the status of `ambulance` so that they can move fast in thick traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred