Maharashtra to extend blood supply on 2-wheeler scheme to whole state
Mumbai: `Blood on call`, an initiative of the Maharashtra government to ensure speedy blood supply in the rural areas, will be extended to the entire state from August.
At present, a pilot project is operating in Sindhudurg and Satara districts, Health Minister Suresh Shetty told reporters here, adding that the initiative got a good response in the two districts.
Under the project, the blood is transported by motorbike riders. The bikes are fitted with cold storage box.
These bikes have the status of `ambulance` so that they can move fast in thick traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi