Maharashtra to extend blood supply on 2-wheeler scheme to whole state
Mumbai: `Blood on call`, an initiative of the Maharashtra government to ensure speedy blood supply in the rural areas, will be extended to the entire state from August.
At present, a pilot project is operating in Sindhudurg and Satara districts, Health Minister Suresh Shetty told reporters here, adding that the initiative got a good response in the two districts.
Under the project, the blood is transported by motorbike riders. The bikes are fitted with cold storage box.
These bikes have the status of `ambulance` so that they can move fast in thick traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice