Maharashtra to have technology university
Mumbai: Maharashtra cabinet on Thursday green-lighted setting up of a technology university, which will bring under its umbrella the engineering, pharmacy and architecture colleges in the state, an official statement here said.
However, individual colleges, both government and private, would have the choice to remain outside its ambit.
The university will have its divisional centres in Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur and Aurangabad, and sub-divisional centres at Kolhapur, Solapur, Amravati, Nanded and Jalgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores