Maharashtra to pay Rs 10 lakh to kin of slain CRPF personnel
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has decided to provide Rs 10 lakh as ex-gratia to the kin of CRPF jawans and other security personnel killed in Naxal and terror attacks.
This amount would be in addition to the Rs 15 lakh the kin of these personnel get from the Central government, official sources said.
A decision to this effect was taken at a state Cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan here.
The amount paid as financial assistance to kin of Maharashtra Police personnel killed in such incidents is Rs 25 lakh and it was felt that the government should give Rs 10 lakh to central paramilitary personnel killed on duty in Maharashtra, the sources said.
Meanwhile, no decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting on increasing the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine.
The state Congress-NCP co-ordination committee had recently authorised the chief minister to take a decision on increasing the cap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in