Maharashtra to raise special rescue force on the lines of NDRF
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: In view of the urgent need for specialised men to handle search and rescue operations, like
the one being carried out in Malin, the Maharashtra government on Thursday announced setting up of a new force for the purpose.
The state cabinet cleared to set up the State Disaster Response Force with an initial strength of 400 personnel.
It will be modelled on the line of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) which is spearheading the operations in landslide hit Malin village.
Armed with specialised equipment, the NDRF is trying to save as many people from below the debris even as the death toll mounted to 28 on Thursday. Over 150 people are reportedly still missing.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and Deputy CM Ajit Pawar were among those reached the spot to monitor the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog