Maharashtra to recruit over 60,000 police personnel
Nagpur: More than 60,000 police personnel shall be recruited in Maharashtra, state Home Minister RR Patil has said.
In the phased recruitment of 61,494 police personnel, 12,379 personnel would be inducted in the first phase and the rest over the next few years, Patil informed the state legislature Wednesday.
Simultaneously, 384 police control rooms would be set up all over the state and 122 new police stations would be established, the home minister added.
"The new posts will help augment and cater to the needs of women and missing children cases around the state. This will make the Maharashtra Police the largest in the country," Patil asserted.
Five percent of the posts shall be reserved for the children of police personnel, including for existing vacancies in various departments.
Patil said unlike the past, complaints of inadequate police force in the state will not arise after the new recruitments are completed.
This is the second time that such a huge lot of police personnel would be recruited in the state in recent times.
Around 55,000 new police personnel were inducted into the Maharashtra Police in the past five years to cater to the 12 crore population in the state.
Official statistics say the present strength of the state police is around 195,000 and it includes a little over 300 Indian Police Service officers.
The proposed augmentation is expected to better counter the changing needs ranging from routine policing to chain-snatching, rapes and terror attacks, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview