Maharashtra to revive bid to have Tendulkar as tourism ambassador
Mumbai: The success of India`s Boys in Blue in the Cricket World Cup has prompted tourism officials in Maharashtra to renew the efforts to have cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar as state`s tourism brand ambassador.
"The World Cup victory will give an impetus to our plans to have Tendulkar promote tourism in the state," a senior government official said.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal are involved in the initiative to rope in the master blaster as state tourism ambassador, the official said.
An indication of the importance the Congress-NCP government attaches to this growing sector is the increase in the state`s tourism budget this year, he said.
There has been no response from Tendulkar so far to the `brand ambassador` proposal, but fresh efforts will be made to rope him in, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP