Maharashtra to revive bid to have Tendulkar as tourism ambassador
Mumbai: The success of India`s Boys in Blue in the Cricket World Cup has prompted tourism officials in Maharashtra to renew the efforts to have cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar as state`s tourism brand ambassador.
"The World Cup victory will give an impetus to our plans to have Tendulkar promote tourism in the state," a senior government official said.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal are involved in the initiative to rope in the master blaster as state tourism ambassador, the official said.
An indication of the importance the Congress-NCP government attaches to this growing sector is the increase in the state`s tourism budget this year, he said.
There has been no response from Tendulkar so far to the `brand ambassador` proposal, but fresh efforts will be made to rope him in, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi