Maharashtra to revive bid to have Tendulkar as tourism ambassador
Mumbai: The success of India`s Boys in Blue in the Cricket World Cup has prompted tourism officials in Maharashtra to renew the efforts to have cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar as state`s tourism brand ambassador.
"The World Cup victory will give an impetus to our plans to have Tendulkar promote tourism in the state," a senior government official said.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal are involved in the initiative to rope in the master blaster as state tourism ambassador, the official said.
An indication of the importance the Congress-NCP government attaches to this growing sector is the increase in the state`s tourism budget this year, he said.
There has been no response from Tendulkar so far to the `brand ambassador` proposal, but fresh efforts will be made to rope him in, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof