‘Maharashtra to start maxi cabs in rural areas’
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government is planning to start maxi cabs in rural areas of the state where state transport bus services are not available, state Transport Minister Gulabrao Deokar has said.
"Improvement needs to be done in the services of state transport (ST) buses. We are contemplating whether the maxi cabs can be started in villages, where ST service does not reach," Deokar said.
A sub-committee chaired by Relief and Rehabilitation Minister Patangarao Kadam has been formed which is working out the modalities, he said.
"A presentation in this regard was made to see how maxi cabs services are availed in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Officials of the transport department made a presentation based on the information they collected from these two states," Deokar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened