Maharashtra: Toddler falls into borewell, dies
Nashik: An 18-month-old boy 18 died on Friday after falling into a 70-feet deep open borewell in a field here, police said.
The incident happened in Haste-Dumala village of Dindori taluka in the district when toddler Om Santosh Devre slipped into the borewell last evening while he was playing, they said.
The child was running around in the field owned by one Sanjay Mahale and his mother Kavita was working when the mishap took place. Soon after, the tehsildar and police officials were informed following which rescue operations
A hole parallel to the borewell was dug with a JCB machine in an attempt to save the trapped boy. But the rescue work, which continued till late night, hit a roadblock when the machine could not loosen the earth further due to a solid
rock, police said.
Fire brigade officials had reached the spot with a medical squad and a oxygen pipe was also lowered into the borewell to help the boy breathe.
When rescue operations resumed this morning, the boy was found dead, police said.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!