Maharashtra: Toddler falls into borewell, dies
Nashik: An 18-month-old boy 18 died on Friday after falling into a 70-feet deep open borewell in a field here, police said.
The incident happened in Haste-Dumala village of Dindori taluka in the district when toddler Om Santosh Devre slipped into the borewell last evening while he was playing, they said.
The child was running around in the field owned by one Sanjay Mahale and his mother Kavita was working when the mishap took place. Soon after, the tehsildar and police officials were informed following which rescue operations
A hole parallel to the borewell was dug with a JCB machine in an attempt to save the trapped boy. But the rescue work, which continued till late night, hit a roadblock when the machine could not loosen the earth further due to a solid
rock, police said.
Fire brigade officials had reached the spot with a medical squad and a oxygen pipe was also lowered into the borewell to help the boy breathe.
When rescue operations resumed this morning, the boy was found dead, police said.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi