Maharashtra: Toddler falls into borewell, dies
Nashik: An 18-month-old boy 18 died on Friday after falling into a 70-feet deep open borewell in a field here, police said.
The incident happened in Haste-Dumala village of Dindori taluka in the district when toddler Om Santosh Devre slipped into the borewell last evening while he was playing, they said.
The child was running around in the field owned by one Sanjay Mahale and his mother Kavita was working when the mishap took place. Soon after, the tehsildar and police officials were informed following which rescue operations
A hole parallel to the borewell was dug with a JCB machine in an attempt to save the trapped boy. But the rescue work, which continued till late night, hit a roadblock when the machine could not loosen the earth further due to a solid
rock, police said.
Fire brigade officials had reached the spot with a medical squad and a oxygen pipe was also lowered into the borewell to help the boy breathe.
When rescue operations resumed this morning, the boy was found dead, police said.
Further investigations are on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?