Maharashtra Youth Congress tops enrolment drive
Nagpur: With the registration of 20-lakh members in a period of three months, the Maharashtra unit of the All India Youth Congress has topped the list of states in
the registration of members, a top leader of Youth Congress said.
Maharashtra Youth Congress has thus rocketed past Tamil Nadu, which registered 14.60 lakh members in this period. The membership drive is a part of Youth Congress` election for the top spot Zonal Election Observer, Qaisar Ahmed told reporters.
Ahmed expressed gratitude for the tremendous response, the Youth Congress elections received. After the computerized registration, a list of voters will be prepared and their names will be scrutinised, he said, adding, after the final list, booth committees will be finalised and the actual process will be completed by August.
Ahmad said Nagpur has registered 65,000 members while Ramtek (LS constituency) has recorded 26,400 members.
Those below the age groups of 18 years and above 35 years have been declined membership, Ahmad added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’