Maharashtra Youth Congress tops enrolment drive
Nagpur: With the registration of 20-lakh members in a period of three months, the Maharashtra unit of the All India Youth Congress has topped the list of states in
the registration of members, a top leader of Youth Congress said.
Maharashtra Youth Congress has thus rocketed past Tamil Nadu, which registered 14.60 lakh members in this period. The membership drive is a part of Youth Congress` election for the top spot Zonal Election Observer, Qaisar Ahmed told reporters.
Ahmed expressed gratitude for the tremendous response, the Youth Congress elections received. After the computerized registration, a list of voters will be prepared and their names will be scrutinised, he said, adding, after the final list, booth committees will be finalised and the actual process will be completed by August.
Ahmad said Nagpur has registered 65,000 members while Ramtek (LS constituency) has recorded 26,400 members.
Those below the age groups of 18 years and above 35 years have been declined membership, Ahmad added
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro