Maha`s first open jail for women inaugurated in Pune
Pune: The first open jail for women in
Maharashtra was on Sunday inaugurated by the State Home Minister R
The jail premises, spread across 17 acres of land of
Yerawada Central Prison here, will have 50 women inmates with
promising good conduct.
Patil said the state government attached great importance
to the human rights of prisoners and the open jail for women
was a significant step in that direction.
He said the women prisoners would be given a substantial
raise in the financial assistance at the time of their release
in order to enable them to earn a decent living when they
cross the prison gates.
The women prisoners would also be imparted technical
vocational training during their stay in the jail to equip
them with skills to earn a livelihood after they are set
free, the Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars