Mahila Cong welcomes 50% woman quota in local bodies
Thane: Maharashtra Pradesh Mahila Congress
Committee Secretary Summan Agarwal has welcomed the decision to provide fifty percent reservation to members of the fair
sex in local bodies.
"I congratulate all women for the 50 pc reservation
passed by the Congress government for them in the local
bodies," she told reporters here.
In our society, development is decided and defined
predominantly by men. Women are marginalised in the political
system and their needs never reflect in the planning. But this
trend will change now, after women get equally involved in the
decision making process, she said.
Agarwal said, "the biggest struggle for any woman was
to find a platform to prove her merit. In that sense, this
quota ensures women her space."
Meanwhile, lashing out at the MPCC for its failure to
practice what it preaches she said, I had written a letter to
Pradesh Congress Committee bringing to their notice that the
decision making body of Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee
does not have even 10 per cent women office bearers.
“I am very positive that they will look into this matter
and raise it to at least 33 per cent," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog