Major blaze at Mumbai residential building, 7 killed
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Seven people were killed and at least five firemen were injured battling the massive fire that broke out on the 12th floor of high-rise building in the upmarket Kemps corner area in southern part of the city.
Fire broke out on the 12th floor of the 26-storey Mont Blanc building on Friday evening. Five firefighters, including two officers, were injured while carrying out rescue operations.
"Five residents from the building have died in the blaze. They are yet to be identified. Their bodies have been sent to various hospitals like Jaslok, Breach Candy, JJ hospital and Nair hospital," a fire official told a news agency.
"There were some cylinders, which apparently exploded, injuring five firemen including two officers," sources said.
Fourteen fire engines, seven water tankers and four ambulances were rushed to the spot, sources said, adding that the cause of the fire was not yet known.
A fire brigade officer said that fire was mostly put out, while BMC sources said was "under control".
The blaze engulfed the middle-level floors of Mont Blanc building at Kemps Corner at around 7.30 pm, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Disaster Control Cell said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security