Major disaster averted at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: In what could have led to a major disaster, an Air India plane aborted landing at the Mumbai airport at the last minute after an alert ATC spotted a Jet Airways aircraft on the air strip.
The incident happened at 11.45 pm on Wednesday night, reports said.
The Air India plane had been cleared to land at the runway by the ATC, while at the same time a Jet Airways flight was also preparing to take off from the same air strip.
The ATC spotted the Jet plane and swiftly asked the pilot of the AI flight to abort landing and go around the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145