Major fire breaks out at Mumbai building
A short circuit triggered the fire on the 19th floor of Jolly Maker building at GD Somani Marg at around 3.30 am.
Mumbai: A major fire broke out at a residential building in Mumbai`s Cuffe Parade area this morning.
According to reports, a short circuit triggered the fire on the 19th floor of Jolly Maker building at GD Somani Marg at around 3.30 am.
At least nine fire tenders and four special appliance vehicles rushed to the spot.
"We have formed a rescue team over and there are two more such rescue lines inside the premises. The flames have been completely doused as of now and the cooling operations are in progress,” said SB Joshi, chief fire officer.
"Nobody has been injured. We have rescued about 28 people who were trapped inside their flats from the 19th floor to the 23rd floor. There are no casualties or injuries here," he added.