Major fire breaks out at Mumbai building
Mumbai: A major fire broke out at a residential building in Mumbai`s Cuffe Parade area this morning.
According to reports, a short circuit triggered the fire on the 19th floor of Jolly Maker building at GD Somani Marg at around 3.30 am.
At least nine fire tenders and four special appliance vehicles rushed to the spot.
"We have formed a rescue team over and there are two more such rescue lines inside the premises. The flames have been completely doused as of now and the cooling operations are in progress,” said SB Joshi, chief fire officer.
"Nobody has been injured. We have rescued about 28 people who were trapped inside their flats from the 19th floor to the 23rd floor. There are no casualties or injuries here," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical