Major fire breaks out at Mumbai building
Mumbai: A major fire broke out at a residential building in Mumbai`s Cuffe Parade area this morning.
According to reports, a short circuit triggered the fire on the 19th floor of Jolly Maker building at GD Somani Marg at around 3.30 am.
At least nine fire tenders and four special appliance vehicles rushed to the spot.
"We have formed a rescue team over and there are two more such rescue lines inside the premises. The flames have been completely doused as of now and the cooling operations are in progress,” said SB Joshi, chief fire officer.
"Nobody has been injured. We have rescued about 28 people who were trapped inside their flats from the 19th floor to the 23rd floor. There are no casualties or injuries here," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral