Major fire breaks out at Mumbai building
Mumbai: A major fire broke out at a residential building in Mumbai`s Cuffe Parade area this morning.
According to reports, a short circuit triggered the fire on the 19th floor of Jolly Maker building at GD Somani Marg at around 3.30 am.
At least nine fire tenders and four special appliance vehicles rushed to the spot.
"We have formed a rescue team over and there are two more such rescue lines inside the premises. The flames have been completely doused as of now and the cooling operations are in progress,” said SB Joshi, chief fire officer.
"Nobody has been injured. We have rescued about 28 people who were trapped inside their flats from the 19th floor to the 23rd floor. There are no casualties or injuries here," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How 'Dishoom' team rescued 'Freedom 251' smartphone maker Mohit Goel!
- Narendra Modi became PM only to `murder` you! Get a life Mr Arvind Kejriwal
- Toyota falls behind Volkswagen in world`s biggest automaker race
- Know explosive details about Samjhauta Express blast, 'Hindu terror', Ishrat Jahan from the horse's mouth
- BJP suggests detoxification therapy for 'unstable' Kejriwal after his 'PM may get me killed' remark