Major fire breaks out at Mumbai building
Mumbai: A major fire broke out at a residential building in Mumbai`s Cuffe Parade area this morning.
According to reports, a short circuit triggered the fire on the 19th floor of Jolly Maker building at GD Somani Marg at around 3.30 am.
At least nine fire tenders and four special appliance vehicles rushed to the spot.
"We have formed a rescue team over and there are two more such rescue lines inside the premises. The flames have been completely doused as of now and the cooling operations are in progress,” said SB Joshi, chief fire officer.
"Nobody has been injured. We have rescued about 28 people who were trapped inside their flats from the 19th floor to the 23rd floor. There are no casualties or injuries here," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble