Major fire destroys paint unit in Thane
Thane: A major fire destroyed a paint factory in an industrial area at Boisar near here this afternoon, police and fire brigade officials said.
There was no report of any casualty.
The fire broke out in DR Coats, a paint manufacturing company located in the MIDC industrial estate in western part of Thane district, at about 12.30 pm.
The flames were brought under control four hours later after more than a dozen fire engines were pressed into service, they said.
The cause of the blaze was still not known, they said, adding the factory suffered extensive damage but there was no casualty.
Fire Brigade sources said it was a major blaze which could have spread to nearby chemical units, but for the timely action by the firemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre