Major fire destroys paint unit in Thane
Thane: A major fire destroyed a paint factory in an industrial area at Boisar near here this afternoon, police and fire brigade officials said.
There was no report of any casualty.
The fire broke out in DR Coats, a paint manufacturing company located in the MIDC industrial estate in western part of Thane district, at about 12.30 pm.
The flames were brought under control four hours later after more than a dozen fire engines were pressed into service, they said.
The cause of the blaze was still not known, they said, adding the factory suffered extensive damage but there was no casualty.
Fire Brigade sources said it was a major blaze which could have spread to nearby chemical units, but for the timely action by the firemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list