Make higher education student-centric: Governor
Mumbai: Governor of Maharashtra K
Sankaranarayanan urged the need to speed up the reform process
in higher education in the state and make it student-centric.
At a meeting held at Raj Bhavan yesterday, the Governor
directed the chairmen of three high power committees appointed
by the state government on improving the quality and standards
of higher education, to submit their reports at the earliest.
This meeting was held two days ahead of the meeting of
Vice Chancellors to review the work being done by them.
The state government had appointed separate committees
last year on the three issues ---- improving the quality and
standards of higher education in the state, review and
amendment of the Maharashtra Universities Acts, 1994, and also
bifurcation of large universities in the state.
The committees have suggested a broad policy framework
for creating an atmosphere in the state to attract investment
in education, to bring quality improvement and to make higher
Chairman of the committee on `Improving the Standards and
Quality of Higher Education` Dr Anil Kakodkar, chairman of the
committee on `Review of Universities` Act` Dr Arun Nigavekar
and members of the committee including Dr Raghunath Mashelkar,
Dr Vijay Bhatkar, Kumud Bansal, Dr R K Shevgaonkar, Gajanan
Ekbote and officials of the state government attended the
Tomorrow`s meeting of Vice Chancellors will be attended
by the Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Minister, Minister for
Higher and Technical Education and Secretaries of Government
Departments, a Raj Bhavan release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies