Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Purohit`s bail plea adjourned
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Friday
adjourned the hearing over bail application by Malegaon blast
accused Lt Col Prasad Purohit with the Maharashtra government
informing the court that investigation into the blasts case
has been transferred to the National Investigation Agency.
Additional public prosecutor Prajakta Shinde informed
the court that probe into the Malegaon 2008 blast case was
transferred from the state Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) to the
NIA following a notification issued on April 1.
"All the case papers are being transferred to the NIA
fur further probe," Shinde told the court while seeking an
Justice KU Chandiwal was hearing the bail application
filed by Lt Col Prasad Purohit, one of the arrested accused in
the September 2008 Malegaon blast case.
The bail plea has now been adjourned till April 29.
Purohit and 11 others including Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur were arrested by ATS for their alleged role in the
blast, which killed six persons and injured several others.
The NIA had recently taken over all blast cases, where
saffron groups were allegedly involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back