Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Purohit`s bail plea adjourned
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Friday
adjourned the hearing over bail application by Malegaon blast
accused Lt Col Prasad Purohit with the Maharashtra government
informing the court that investigation into the blasts case
has been transferred to the National Investigation Agency.
Additional public prosecutor Prajakta Shinde informed
the court that probe into the Malegaon 2008 blast case was
transferred from the state Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) to the
NIA following a notification issued on April 1.
"All the case papers are being transferred to the NIA
fur further probe," Shinde told the court while seeking an
Justice KU Chandiwal was hearing the bail application
filed by Lt Col Prasad Purohit, one of the arrested accused in
the September 2008 Malegaon blast case.
The bail plea has now been adjourned till April 29.
Purohit and 11 others including Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur were arrested by ATS for their alleged role in the
blast, which killed six persons and injured several others.
The NIA had recently taken over all blast cases, where
saffron groups were allegedly involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer