Malegaon blast accused should be discharged: Azmi
Mumbai: Demanding that the six accused in
the 2006 Malegaon blast case, who were released on bail,
should be discharged from the case, Samajwadi Party (SP) MLA
Abu Azmi on Tuesday said that brain-mapping tests should be
conducted on two former IPS officers for "fabricating"
evidences in the blasts case.
"When the NIA had said that the accused are not
culprits, why have they not been discharged from the case yet.
They had been falsely implicated and should be discharged
immediately," Azmi said.
Six of the nine accused in the Malegaon bomb blasts
case were released after a trial court granted them bail last
Azmi said, brain-mapping tests should be conducted on
two former IPS officers for "fabricating" evidences in the
case. "Former Maharashtra DGP A N Roy and former ATS chief K P
Raghuvanshi, should be arrested, as they had fabricated
evidences in the Malegaon blasts case. Truth will come to
light, once the brain mapping test is conducted on them. There
was a conspiracy behind it," he said.
Welcoming the SIT report, which concluded that the
encounter, in which, Ishrat Jahan and three others were
killed, was staged, Azmi said, "By looking at the
circumstances, I had been saying, from day one, that she
(Ishrat) was falsely implicated."
He said a journalist from a leading English daily had
seen a vehicle with Gujarat`s number plate in Mumbra (in
neighbouring Thane district), from where, Ishrat was
kidnapped. "The journalist had seen the car," Azmi said.
Asking why the right-wing organisations like Abhinav
Bharat and Sanatan Sanstha were not banned like SIMI, Azmi
said, "Whenever any terrorist activity takes place, people
from the minority community are looked upon as terrorists."
The SP leader said he had undertaken a ten-day `Insaaf
Yatra` from November 14, to demand justice to the minority
"We will burn effigies of Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and Maharashtra government on November 25, for
failing to deliver justice to the people from the minority
community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi