Malegaon blast accused should be discharged: Azmi
Mumbai: Demanding that the six accused in
the 2006 Malegaon blast case, who were released on bail,
should be discharged from the case, Samajwadi Party (SP) MLA
Abu Azmi on Tuesday said that brain-mapping tests should be
conducted on two former IPS officers for "fabricating"
evidences in the blasts case.
"When the NIA had said that the accused are not
culprits, why have they not been discharged from the case yet.
They had been falsely implicated and should be discharged
immediately," Azmi said.
Six of the nine accused in the Malegaon bomb blasts
case were released after a trial court granted them bail last
Azmi said, brain-mapping tests should be conducted on
two former IPS officers for "fabricating" evidences in the
case. "Former Maharashtra DGP A N Roy and former ATS chief K P
Raghuvanshi, should be arrested, as they had fabricated
evidences in the Malegaon blasts case. Truth will come to
light, once the brain mapping test is conducted on them. There
was a conspiracy behind it," he said.
Welcoming the SIT report, which concluded that the
encounter, in which, Ishrat Jahan and three others were
killed, was staged, Azmi said, "By looking at the
circumstances, I had been saying, from day one, that she
(Ishrat) was falsely implicated."
He said a journalist from a leading English daily had
seen a vehicle with Gujarat`s number plate in Mumbra (in
neighbouring Thane district), from where, Ishrat was
kidnapped. "The journalist had seen the car," Azmi said.
Asking why the right-wing organisations like Abhinav
Bharat and Sanatan Sanstha were not banned like SIMI, Azmi
said, "Whenever any terrorist activity takes place, people
from the minority community are looked upon as terrorists."
The SP leader said he had undertaken a ten-day `Insaaf
Yatra` from November 14, to demand justice to the minority
"We will burn effigies of Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and Maharashtra government on November 25, for
failing to deliver justice to the people from the minority
community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'