Malegaon blast: Approver moves spl court for bail
Mumbai: One of the accused arrested
earlier in connection with the 2006 Malegaon bomb blasts case
on Tuesday moved a MCOCA court seeking bail.
Abrar Ahmed, in his bail application filed before the
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) court,
said he was arrested by police even though he had assisted
them during the investigations.
Abrar in his application alleged that the ATS tortured
him to give confession about his involvement in the blasts.
He, however, retracted the charge.
"We chose to file a separate bail application for
Abrar as he is the only person who had turn approver in the
case," Abrar`s counsel Jaleel Ansari said.
Eight accused, who were arrested in connection with
the blasts, had moved separate bail applications on Saturday.
The next hearing on the bail will be held on October 31.
Maharashtra ATS, which initially probed the case had
arrested nine persons namely Salman Farsi, Shabir Ahmed,
Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif Khan,
Javed Sheikh, Farooque Ansari and Abrar Ahmed for their
alleged involvement in the multiple blasts in the powerloom
town in Nashik district.
The explosions near a mosque on September 8, 2006 had
killed 36 people and injured over 100.
In December 2006, the case was handed over to CBI.
Later the NIA, a special anti-terror probe agency created in
2009, took over the investigations.
The accused`s previous bail application had been
rejected in March by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row