Malegaon blast case: HC to hear Sadhavi Pragya`s bail plea today
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court will on Wednesday hear the bail plea of Sadhavi Pragya Singh Thakur, the prime accused in 208 Malegaon bomb blast case.
Thakur is accused of hatching the conspiracy with others which led to the September 29, 2008 blast at Malegaon in Nashik district in which six persons were killed. She was arrested on October 23, 2008.
She has sought bail on the ground that she is suffering from spondylitis and other serious ailments for which hospitalisation is needed.
Earlier, Justice Abhay Thipsay of the High Court had heard Sadhavi`s bail petition and reserved order. But before he could give order on her bail plea, the Supreme Court ruled that all the bail matters in NIA investigation cases have to come up in the form of appeals before a division bench.
Thakur, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2012, had sought bail on medical ground to undergo treatment. While NIA had offered to get her admitted to Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, she refused to undergo the treatment in police custody, saying she wanted to be released on bail first.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed