Malegaon blast case: HC to hear Sadhavi Pragya`s bail plea today
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court will on Wednesday hear the bail plea of Sadhavi Pragya Singh Thakur, the prime accused in 208 Malegaon bomb blast case.
Thakur is accused of hatching the conspiracy with others which led to the September 29, 2008 blast at Malegaon in Nashik district in which six persons were killed. She was arrested on October 23, 2008.
She has sought bail on the ground that she is suffering from spondylitis and other serious ailments for which hospitalisation is needed.
Earlier, Justice Abhay Thipsay of the High Court had heard Sadhavi`s bail petition and reserved order. But before he could give order on her bail plea, the Supreme Court ruled that all the bail matters in NIA investigation cases have to come up in the form of appeals before a division bench.
Thakur, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2012, had sought bail on medical ground to undergo treatment. While NIA had offered to get her admitted to Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, she refused to undergo the treatment in police custody, saying she wanted to be released on bail first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site