Malegaon blast: Purohit says he is not anti-Muslim
Mumbai: Lt Col Prasad Purohit, arrested in
connection with the Malegaon bomb blasts case, on Monday told the
Bombay High Court that he is not "anti-Muslim".
"Purohit is not anti-Muslim. While serving in Army in
Jammu and Kashmir, he also defended Muslims," his lawyer
Shrikant Shivade said while arguing his bail application
before the court.
Purohit and 11 others, including Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur, are accused of orchestrating the blast at Muslim-
dominated Malegaon town that killed six persons and injured
over 100 others in September 2008.
Justice R C Chavan, however, said, that the issue was not
about Hindu or Muslim.
The judge also cited the Bombay High Court`s recent
decision which held that MCOCA can be applied in offences
committed for gains other than monetary benefits.
The court will continue hearing the bail plea tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'