Malegaon blast: Purohit says he is not anti-Muslim
Mumbai: Lt Col Prasad Purohit, arrested in
connection with the Malegaon bomb blasts case, on Monday told the
Bombay High Court that he is not "anti-Muslim".
"Purohit is not anti-Muslim. While serving in Army in
Jammu and Kashmir, he also defended Muslims," his lawyer
Shrikant Shivade said while arguing his bail application
before the court.
Purohit and 11 others, including Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur, are accused of orchestrating the blast at Muslim-
dominated Malegaon town that killed six persons and injured
over 100 others in September 2008.
Justice R C Chavan, however, said, that the issue was not
about Hindu or Muslim.
The judge also cited the Bombay High Court`s recent
decision which held that MCOCA can be applied in offences
committed for gains other than monetary benefits.
The court will continue hearing the bail plea tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok