Malegaon blast: Purohit says he is not anti-Muslim
Mumbai: Lt Col Prasad Purohit, arrested in
connection with the Malegaon bomb blasts case, on Monday told the
Bombay High Court that he is not "anti-Muslim".
"Purohit is not anti-Muslim. While serving in Army in
Jammu and Kashmir, he also defended Muslims," his lawyer
Shrikant Shivade said while arguing his bail application
before the court.
Purohit and 11 others, including Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur, are accused of orchestrating the blast at Muslim-
dominated Malegaon town that killed six persons and injured
over 100 others in September 2008.
Justice R C Chavan, however, said, that the issue was not
about Hindu or Muslim.
The judge also cited the Bombay High Court`s recent
decision which held that MCOCA can be applied in offences
committed for gains other than monetary benefits.
The court will continue hearing the bail plea tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi