Malegaon blast: Purohit says he is not anti-Muslim
Mumbai: Lt Col Prasad Purohit, arrested in
connection with the Malegaon bomb blasts case, on Monday told the
Bombay High Court that he is not "anti-Muslim".
"Purohit is not anti-Muslim. While serving in Army in
Jammu and Kashmir, he also defended Muslims," his lawyer
Shrikant Shivade said while arguing his bail application
before the court.
Purohit and 11 others, including Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur, are accused of orchestrating the blast at Muslim-
dominated Malegaon town that killed six persons and injured
over 100 others in September 2008.
Justice R C Chavan, however, said, that the issue was not
about Hindu or Muslim.
The judge also cited the Bombay High Court`s recent
decision which held that MCOCA can be applied in offences
committed for gains other than monetary benefits.
The court will continue hearing the bail plea tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections