Malegaon blasts: NIA seeks rejection of Manohar Singh`s plea
Mumbai: The National Investigating Agency (NIA) has sought rejection of the application filed by an accused, an alleged member of a Hindu extremist group, in the 2006 Malegoan blast case opposing the discharge plea of nine Muslim men.
The investigators had earlier arrested nine Muslim men, however the NIA, after it took over the probe, found that the blast was the handiwork of a Hindu extremist organisation.
In its application filed this week before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act Court`s judge Y D Shinde, NIA has said the accused Manohar Singh has no right to be heard (locus standi) in this issue.
"As per provisions of law, co-accused has no locus standi in the discharge application filed by any other accused," NIA has said.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad had arrested Noorul Huda Samsudoha (28), Shabbir Ahmed Masiullah (41), Raees Ahmed Rajab Ali Mansuri (35), Dr Salman Farsi Abdul Latif Aimi (40), Dr Farogh Iqbal Ahmed Magdumi (38), Mohammad Ali Alam Sheikh (42), Asif Khan Bashir Khan alias Junaid (35), Mohammad Zahid Abdul Majid Ansari (31) and Abrar Ahmed Gulam Ahmed (38) in connection with the two blasts.
But NIA claimed that the blasts were carried out by a Hindu right-wing group, and arrested Lokesh Sharma, Dhan Singh, Manohar Singh and Rajendra Choudhary. They were chargesheeted.
The aforesaid nine Muslim men got bail, and filed application for discharge, which is being heard.
The Hindu group came under the scanner following a confession of Swami Aseemanand, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case.
Two blasts in Malegaon, a communally sensitive town in Nashik district, killed 37 people on September 8, 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video