Malegaon blasts: Sadhvi Pragya`s bail opposed
Mumbai: National Investigation Agency, probing the 2008 Malegaon bomb blasts case, Tuesday told the Bombay High Court that it was opposing the bail plea of prime accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur who has sought the relief on medical ground.
Sadhvi who was diagnosed with cancer last year had sought bail on medical ground to undergo treatment.
The high court had earlier asked NIA and Sadhvi to consider working out a solution amicably.
While NIA had offered to get Sadhvi admitted to Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, she refused to undergo the treatment in police custody, saying she wanted to be released on bail first.
NIA counsel Rohini Salian today informed the court that the agency was opposing Sadhvi`s bail plea on the grounds of medical and for lacking merit.
Justice R C Chavan posted the application for final hearing on February 13.
Sadhvi is one of the prime accused in the Malegaon blasts case of September 29, 2008, in which six persons were killed and 100 others injured.
On January 19, 2009, Maharashtra ATS had filed a chargesheet naming Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit as the main conspirator for providing explosives and Pragya for arranging for the persons who planted the explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie