Mamata Banerjee mourns Balasaheb`s death
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday condoled the death of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray saying he dominated Maharashtra politics during his long political career.
"He dominated Maharashtra politics for a long period and many of his observations raised controversies," Banerjee said in her condolence message.
She conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved family.
Later, Banerjee, in a Facebook post, said "though I did not get an opportunity to interact with him (Bal Thackeray) personally, yet I found him as a person of exceptional organizational qualities.
"He played a major role in Indian politics for a long time. I express my heartfelt condolences to the members of his bereaved family and followers. May the departed soul rest in peace", she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row