Mamata Banerjee mourns Balasaheb`s death
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday condoled the death of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray saying he dominated Maharashtra politics during his long political career.
"He dominated Maharashtra politics for a long period and many of his observations raised controversies," Banerjee said in her condolence message.
She conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved family.
Later, Banerjee, in a Facebook post, said "though I did not get an opportunity to interact with him (Bal Thackeray) personally, yet I found him as a person of exceptional organizational qualities.
"He played a major role in Indian politics for a long time. I express my heartfelt condolences to the members of his bereaved family and followers. May the departed soul rest in peace", she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know