Mamata Banerjee mourns Balasaheb`s death
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday condoled the death of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray saying he dominated Maharashtra politics during his long political career.
"He dominated Maharashtra politics for a long period and many of his observations raised controversies," Banerjee said in her condolence message.
She conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved family.
Later, Banerjee, in a Facebook post, said "though I did not get an opportunity to interact with him (Bal Thackeray) personally, yet I found him as a person of exceptional organizational qualities.
"He played a major role in Indian politics for a long time. I express my heartfelt condolences to the members of his bereaved family and followers. May the departed soul rest in peace", she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?