Mamata Banerjee mourns Balasaheb`s death
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday condoled the death of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray saying he dominated Maharashtra politics during his long political career.
"He dominated Maharashtra politics for a long period and many of his observations raised controversies," Banerjee said in her condolence message.
She conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved family.
Later, Banerjee, in a Facebook post, said "though I did not get an opportunity to interact with him (Bal Thackeray) personally, yet I found him as a person of exceptional organizational qualities.
"He played a major role in Indian politics for a long time. I express my heartfelt condolences to the members of his bereaved family and followers. May the departed soul rest in peace", she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened