Man allegedly forces Mumbai girl to drink acid, pushes her into sea
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A man allegedly forced a teenage girl to drink acid and then pushed her into sea on Saturday night in Gorai beach. The girl has suffered burns to her face and is undergoing treatment at the hospital.
The incident took place when the girl met the accused Jitendra Sakpal, with whom she was allegedly in a relationship earlier. However, due to opposition from the girl`s family, they parted ways, as per reports. Both are residents of Dahisar area in Mumbai.
According to reports, when the girl went to meet the accused on Saturday, he forced her to consume acid. He then reportedly pushed her into sea.
A police complaint was also registered by the victim`s family member earlier after he started allegedly stalking the girl few months back. A warning was also given to the accused by the police.
The accused has been arrested and a case of attempt to murder has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire