Man allegedly forces Mumbai girl to drink acid, pushes her into sea
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A man allegedly forced a teenage girl to drink acid and then pushed her into sea on Saturday night in Gorai beach. The girl has suffered burns to her face and is undergoing treatment at the hospital.
The incident took place when the girl met the accused Jitendra Sakpal, with whom she was allegedly in a relationship earlier. However, due to opposition from the girl`s family, they parted ways, as per reports. Both are residents of Dahisar area in Mumbai.
According to reports, when the girl went to meet the accused on Saturday, he forced her to consume acid. He then reportedly pushed her into sea.
A police complaint was also registered by the victim`s family member earlier after he started allegedly stalking the girl few months back. A warning was also given to the accused by the police.
The accused has been arrested and a case of attempt to murder has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio