Man allegedly forces Mumbai girl to drink acid, pushes her into sea
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A man allegedly forced a teenage girl to drink acid and then pushed her into sea on Saturday night in Gorai beach. The girl has suffered burns to her face and is undergoing treatment at the hospital.
The incident took place when the girl met the accused Jitendra Sakpal, with whom she was allegedly in a relationship earlier. However, due to opposition from the girl`s family, they parted ways, as per reports. Both are residents of Dahisar area in Mumbai.
According to reports, when the girl went to meet the accused on Saturday, he forced her to consume acid. He then reportedly pushed her into sea.
A police complaint was also registered by the victim`s family member earlier after he started allegedly stalking the girl few months back. A warning was also given to the accused by the police.
The accused has been arrested and a case of attempt to murder has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'