Man alleges Narayan Rane’s son shot at him
Mumbai: A Mumbai Congress man on Thursday alleged that Nitesh Rane had tried to kill him by arranging for a shoot out.
In what appears to be a case of personal enmity, a person called Chintu Singh told Zee News that the four bodyguards of Rane had fired at him and injured him severely when he went to meet him in his office in Khar.
He claimed that Rane whipped out a revolver and fired at least one round as he tried to run away.
He told police that he got into his car and drove to the Hiranandani Hospital in Powai east for treatment.
Nitesh is the son of Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane.
Nitesh has denied his role in the incident.
“I have no idea of this incident. I wasn’t even in my office when it happened,” his representative told Zee News.
A case under Arms Act and attempt to murder has been registered against him while a probe has begun
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune