Man alleges Narayan Rane’s son shot at him
Mumbai: A Mumbai Congress man on Thursday alleged that Nitesh Rane had tried to kill him by arranging for a shoot out.
In what appears to be a case of personal enmity, a person called Chintu Singh told Zee News that the four bodyguards of Rane had fired at him and injured him severely when he went to meet him in his office in Khar.
He claimed that Rane whipped out a revolver and fired at least one round as he tried to run away.
He told police that he got into his car and drove to the Hiranandani Hospital in Powai east for treatment.
Nitesh is the son of Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane.
Nitesh has denied his role in the incident.
“I have no idea of this incident. I wasn’t even in my office when it happened,” his representative told Zee News.
A case under Arms Act and attempt to murder has been registered against him while a probe has begun
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened