Man arrested for allegedly raping minor girl in Thane
Thane: A 45-year-old man from Mumbai has been arrested by the Thane district rural police late Monday evening for allegedly raping a minor girl from Vasai, the police said on Tuesday.
Police sub-inspector Kaviatri Gavit of the Vasai police station told a news agency that the accused Umesh B Mandal had come down to Moregaon in Vasai to meet his relative last afternoon and spotted the 13-year-old minor girl while she was disposing off garbage.
He forcibly dragged her to an isolated location where a newly-constructed empty building stood and allegedly raped her in a room at 3.30 pm noon, the police said.
However, the girl managed to remove the hand that he had forcibly held over her mouth and raised an alarm, which was heard by a tailor who rushed to her rescue and nabbed the rapist.
The police have charged him under Sections 376 and 504 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it
- Two UAE women reunite with Indian mother after 28 years
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming