Man arrested for raping daughter for over a decade in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 50-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly raping his daughter for nearly 11 years and fathering a child with her, police said Thursday.
The accused identified as Ibrahim Shaikh was arrested yesterday after the 26-year-old victim claimed in her complaint that he is the biological father of their eight-year-old daughter, they said.
Realising that her father was even preparing to tie the knot with her, the woman garnered courage and approached police along with a social worker.
According to Malwani police, the victim began facing the ordeal when she was only 15 years old.
"On the pretext of teaching her human anatomy, the accused raped his daughter on several occasions. He thrashed his wife, when she objected to this after she got wind of the activities," police said.
The accused sexually assaulted the victim at their residence in suburban Malwani (Malad) over the years after threatening to kill her and the wife, if they showed resistance.
Shaikh shuttles between Jaipur and Mumbai for work.
He was booked for rape and criminal intimidation under the IPC, besides provisions of the Protection Of Children Against Sexual Offences Act.
After arrest, he was produced before a court which remanded him police custody till December 3, police said.
"As part of the probe, requisite medical examination will be done to ascertain if Shaikh was the biological father of the minor girl," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state