Man arrested for raping minor daughters
Nagpur: A man has been arrested for allegedly raping his two minor daughters in the city, police said on Friday.
Roshan Naresh Ghodeswar (40), a history sheeter from Madhya Pradesh who had settled in a north-west city locality sometime back, raped his 16-year-old daughter in July last year and later sexually assaulted the other 14-year-old girl, police said.
The girls` mother had left Roshan following which he had married another woman.
The girls confided in their step-mother that the accused used to rape them at knife-point, police said.
Yesterday, the victims, accompanied by their step mother, lodged a complaint with Koradi Police who later arrested Ghodeswar.
Offences under relevant sections of IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 have been registered against the accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16