Man arrested for raping minor daughters
Nagpur: A man has been arrested for allegedly raping his two minor daughters in the city, police said on Friday.
Roshan Naresh Ghodeswar (40), a history sheeter from Madhya Pradesh who had settled in a north-west city locality sometime back, raped his 16-year-old daughter in July last year and later sexually assaulted the other 14-year-old girl, police said.
The girls` mother had left Roshan following which he had married another woman.
The girls confided in their step-mother that the accused used to rape them at knife-point, police said.
Yesterday, the victims, accompanied by their step mother, lodged a complaint with Koradi Police who later arrested Ghodeswar.
Offences under relevant sections of IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 have been registered against the accused, police added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents