Man arrested for raping minor daughters
Nagpur: A man has been arrested for allegedly raping his two minor daughters in the city, police said on Friday.
Roshan Naresh Ghodeswar (40), a history sheeter from Madhya Pradesh who had settled in a north-west city locality sometime back, raped his 16-year-old daughter in July last year and later sexually assaulted the other 14-year-old girl, police said.
The girls` mother had left Roshan following which he had married another woman.
The girls confided in their step-mother that the accused used to rape them at knife-point, police said.
Yesterday, the victims, accompanied by their step mother, lodged a complaint with Koradi Police who later arrested Ghodeswar.
Offences under relevant sections of IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 have been registered against the accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka