Man beaten up by policemen, alleges father; cops deny
Gadchiroli: A 37-year-old villager was allegedly beaten up brutally by some policemen, a charge denied by the latter.
Bhagwan Khobragade, a resident of Nimgaon village in Dhanora taluka of the district, was severely beaten up by Police Station Officer Sachin Mali and three of his staff on April 13 following a complaint against the former of having illicit relationship with a woman, the victim`s father Vasant Khobragade alleged before mediapersons here yesterday.
Khobragade sustained severe injuries after being thrashed by police and has been admitted to the district hospital, his father said, adding that he has lodged a complaint with the superintendent of police in this regard and demanded strict action against the policemen.
However, when contacted, Mali denied beating Khobragade.
"We had called him for an enquiry. Khobragade has made this complaint because we had taken action against some of his relatives for selling illicit liquor," Mali said.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt