Man detained for having Dawood, Kasab pics in mobile released
Mumbai: Detained for over 24 hours as his
mobile phone had images of terrorist Mohammed Kasab,
underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and Taj Mahal Hotel in flames,
the 27-year-old man has been released, police said today.
"Shafi Khan Ahmed, hailing from Bihar, has not been
booked as nothing suspicious was found during questioning and
was given a clean chit," Dilip Patil, Senior Inspector at
Sahar Airport Police Station said.
Shafi, a four wheeler driver, was released last night,
Patil said adding, "he told us he did not know the
consequences of saving such images on the mobile phone. Just
for a curiosity, he had downloaded those images."
According to police, Shafi forgot his mobile phone at the
security checking counter before he proceeded to board the
Air India flight to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia on Saturday.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) officers
found Shafi`s phone and when they scanned through it they came
across images of terrorists Masood Azhar, Kasab, underworld
gangster Dawood, Taj Mahal Hotel in flames during Mumbai
terror attacks and some prominent politicians.
Subsequently, Shafi was handed over to the city police by
the CISF after which he was grilled for over 24 hours.
Various other security agencies have also questioned him
but they found Shafi innocent, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!