Man dies on court premises in Maharashtra
Yavatmal: A 35-year-man in custody of local police died on the premises of Pandharkawda court, police said Wednesday.
"Anil Vasant Rathod, arrested on charge of harassment by his wife and in-laws on Monday, collapsed under a tree on the premises of Pandharkawda court yesterday when his application for bail was being taken up", said Pandharkawda police station officer Anirudha Adhav.
He was declared "brought dead" when rushed to the government rural hospital and his postmortem report was awaited, Adhav said.
Rathod was a habitual drinker and his medical examination post arrest showed significant alcohol presence in his blood level, police said.
Rathod was kept in the station lock up overnight.
Police are yet to ascertain the exact cause of Rathod`s death. "At present we have registered a case of accidental death", he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah