Man dies on court premises in Maharashtra
Yavatmal: A 35-year-man in custody of local police died on the premises of Pandharkawda court, police said Wednesday.
"Anil Vasant Rathod, arrested on charge of harassment by his wife and in-laws on Monday, collapsed under a tree on the premises of Pandharkawda court yesterday when his application for bail was being taken up", said Pandharkawda police station officer Anirudha Adhav.
He was declared "brought dead" when rushed to the government rural hospital and his postmortem report was awaited, Adhav said.
Rathod was a habitual drinker and his medical examination post arrest showed significant alcohol presence in his blood level, police said.
Rathod was kept in the station lock up overnight.
Police are yet to ascertain the exact cause of Rathod`s death. "At present we have registered a case of accidental death", he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy