Man dies on court premises in Maharashtra
Yavatmal: A 35-year-man in custody of local police died on the premises of Pandharkawda court, police said Wednesday.
"Anil Vasant Rathod, arrested on charge of harassment by his wife and in-laws on Monday, collapsed under a tree on the premises of Pandharkawda court yesterday when his application for bail was being taken up", said Pandharkawda police station officer Anirudha Adhav.
He was declared "brought dead" when rushed to the government rural hospital and his postmortem report was awaited, Adhav said.
Rathod was a habitual drinker and his medical examination post arrest showed significant alcohol presence in his blood level, police said.
Rathod was kept in the station lock up overnight.
Police are yet to ascertain the exact cause of Rathod`s death. "At present we have registered a case of accidental death", he told reporters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'