Man dies on court premises in Maharashtra
Yavatmal: A 35-year-man in custody of local police died on the premises of Pandharkawda court, police said Wednesday.
"Anil Vasant Rathod, arrested on charge of harassment by his wife and in-laws on Monday, collapsed under a tree on the premises of Pandharkawda court yesterday when his application for bail was being taken up", said Pandharkawda police station officer Anirudha Adhav.
He was declared "brought dead" when rushed to the government rural hospital and his postmortem report was awaited, Adhav said.
Rathod was a habitual drinker and his medical examination post arrest showed significant alcohol presence in his blood level, police said.
Rathod was kept in the station lock up overnight.
Police are yet to ascertain the exact cause of Rathod`s death. "At present we have registered a case of accidental death", he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says