Man ends life after killing family
Pune: A construction worker allegedly poisoned his wife and three children to death before setting himself afire Thursday, police said.
Parshuram Madiyappa Kalkanthi (30), was reportedly depressed over some superstitious beliefs following which he poisoned his wife Jamuna (25) and children - Payal (7), Manisha (5) and Karan (3).
He later set himself ablaze at their house in Lokmanya Nagar in Kothrud area of Pune, police said.
"We are investigating the case...Since nobody from the family is alive, it is difficult to ascertain the exact reason behind the incident," a police official said.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read