Man ends life after killing family
Pune: A construction worker allegedly poisoned his wife and three children to death before setting himself afire Thursday, police said.
Parshuram Madiyappa Kalkanthi (30), was reportedly depressed over some superstitious beliefs following which he poisoned his wife Jamuna (25) and children - Payal (7), Manisha (5) and Karan (3).
He later set himself ablaze at their house in Lokmanya Nagar in Kothrud area of Pune, police said.
"We are investigating the case...Since nobody from the family is alive, it is difficult to ascertain the exact reason behind the incident," a police official said.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news