Man ends life after killing family
Pune: A construction worker allegedly poisoned his wife and three children to death before setting himself afire Thursday, police said.
Parshuram Madiyappa Kalkanthi (30), was reportedly depressed over some superstitious beliefs following which he poisoned his wife Jamuna (25) and children - Payal (7), Manisha (5) and Karan (3).
He later set himself ablaze at their house in Lokmanya Nagar in Kothrud area of Pune, police said.
"We are investigating the case...Since nobody from the family is alive, it is difficult to ascertain the exact reason behind the incident," a police official said.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi