Man fights legal battle against fine for kiss, wins
Mumbai: A year after Mumbai police fined a man for a peck on a girl`s cheek while seeing her off, a court here has acquitted him for lack of evidence.
Kuber Sarup (26) won the court battle on April 1, of all days.
The incident took place in February last year.
"I dropped her at Carter road in Bandra and got her an autorickshaw and before leaving, I kissed her," said Sarup, who runs a production house.
Though the girl did not mind, the police did, and he was charged under section 110 of Bombay Police Act, for "indecent behaviour in public".
"A policeman caught me and fined me Rs 1,200 and gave me a long lecture on morality and how I should not behave in public."
Next day, as per the procedure, he appeared in the court and pleaded not guilty.
"Three witnesses were examined to prove that I inappropriately touched the girl and kissed her. However, the police could not prove the case," said Sarup.
On April 1 he won the case. The fine amount was refunded.
"This is a stupid case to waste the court`s time on. Court`s time was wasted for nothing," he told PTI.
He is now planning to file a PIL in the Bombay High Court so that in future nobody is harassed in this way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800