Man fights legal battle against fine for kiss, wins
Mumbai: A year after Mumbai police fined a man for a peck on a girl`s cheek while seeing her off, a court here has acquitted him for lack of evidence.
Kuber Sarup (26) won the court battle on April 1, of all days.
The incident took place in February last year.
"I dropped her at Carter road in Bandra and got her an autorickshaw and before leaving, I kissed her," said Sarup, who runs a production house.
Though the girl did not mind, the police did, and he was charged under section 110 of Bombay Police Act, for "indecent behaviour in public".
"A policeman caught me and fined me Rs 1,200 and gave me a long lecture on morality and how I should not behave in public."
Next day, as per the procedure, he appeared in the court and pleaded not guilty.
"Three witnesses were examined to prove that I inappropriately touched the girl and kissed her. However, the police could not prove the case," said Sarup.
On April 1 he won the case. The fine amount was refunded.
"This is a stupid case to waste the court`s time on. Court`s time was wasted for nothing," he told PTI.
He is now planning to file a PIL in the Bombay High Court so that in future nobody is harassed in this way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog