Man fights legal battle against fine for kiss, wins
Mumbai: A year after Mumbai police fined a man for a peck on a girl`s cheek while seeing her off, a court here has acquitted him for lack of evidence.
Kuber Sarup (26) won the court battle on April 1, of all days.
The incident took place in February last year.
"I dropped her at Carter road in Bandra and got her an autorickshaw and before leaving, I kissed her," said Sarup, who runs a production house.
Though the girl did not mind, the police did, and he was charged under section 110 of Bombay Police Act, for "indecent behaviour in public".
"A policeman caught me and fined me Rs 1,200 and gave me a long lecture on morality and how I should not behave in public."
Next day, as per the procedure, he appeared in the court and pleaded not guilty.
"Three witnesses were examined to prove that I inappropriately touched the girl and kissed her. However, the police could not prove the case," said Sarup.
On April 1 he won the case. The fine amount was refunded.
"This is a stupid case to waste the court`s time on. Court`s time was wasted for nothing," he told PTI.
He is now planning to file a PIL in the Bombay High Court so that in future nobody is harassed in this way.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living