Man fulfils grandpa`s wish to fly in a helicopter
Malegaon: A man fulfilled the wish of his grandfather to fly in a helicopter by arranging the sky ride for him to a wedding of a family relative here.
The grandfather of Vinod Buvaji Thakare, a well-to-do farmer from Ladud village in Satana taluka of Nashik district, had once expressed that he wanted to travel in a helicopter before his death.
The elderly man could never fulfil his own wish owing to his poor financial conditions.
To make his wish come true, Vinod arranged for a chartered helicopter from Mumbai to take him for the wedding of his nephew here yesterday.
For this a special helipad was constructed in Ladud where the helicopter landed to take the elderly man on board.
Later, the groom, other close relatives and the bride from Yegaon village were also taken on board and flown to a college ground in Malegaon where the wedding ceremony was scheduled yesterday.
Vinod, who owns pomegranate farms, said "he was happy to fulfil the wish of his grandfather."
A large number of people gathered at the helipad made on a college ground in Malegaon last evening to see the bride, groom and relatives arrive by the helicopter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery