Man gets 10-yr imprisonment for robbing passengers in Maha
Akola: A criminal involved in several cases of robbing train passengers was sentenced to ten-year rigorous imprisonment by a local court here.
Sessions court judge DM Deshmukh yesterday awarded ten years` rigorous imprisonment to Yavatmal resident Dipak Sarvaiyya for robbing passengers.
Dipak`s modus operandi was to offer sweets laced with sedative to passengers. After they were rendered unconscious, the accused would decamp with their belongings.
On May 19, 2011, one Usha Narhire(17) and her brother were travelling in a train near Shegaon when the accused became friendly with them and offered them sweets. While, the girl`s brother ate it and fell unconscious, she threw the sweet and later lodged a complaint with the railway police.
Subsequently, the accused was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands