Man gets 10-yr imprisonment for robbing passengers in Maha
Akola: A criminal involved in several cases of robbing train passengers was sentenced to ten-year rigorous imprisonment by a local court here.
Sessions court judge DM Deshmukh yesterday awarded ten years` rigorous imprisonment to Yavatmal resident Dipak Sarvaiyya for robbing passengers.
Dipak`s modus operandi was to offer sweets laced with sedative to passengers. After they were rendered unconscious, the accused would decamp with their belongings.
On May 19, 2011, one Usha Narhire(17) and her brother were travelling in a train near Shegaon when the accused became friendly with them and offered them sweets. While, the girl`s brother ate it and fell unconscious, she threw the sweet and later lodged a complaint with the railway police.
Subsequently, the accused was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali