Man gets 10-yr imprisonment for robbing passengers in Maha
Akola: A criminal involved in several cases of robbing train passengers was sentenced to ten-year rigorous imprisonment by a local court here.
Sessions court judge DM Deshmukh yesterday awarded ten years` rigorous imprisonment to Yavatmal resident Dipak Sarvaiyya for robbing passengers.
Dipak`s modus operandi was to offer sweets laced with sedative to passengers. After they were rendered unconscious, the accused would decamp with their belongings.
On May 19, 2011, one Usha Narhire(17) and her brother were travelling in a train near Shegaon when the accused became friendly with them and offered them sweets. While, the girl`s brother ate it and fell unconscious, she threw the sweet and later lodged a complaint with the railway police.
Subsequently, the accused was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP