Man gets five-year RI for raping daughter
Thane: A local court on Saturday sentenced a man to five-year rigorous imprisonment for subjecting his teenage daughter to repeated sexual assaults in the city.
It was prosecution`s case that Hiralal Mishra (40) raped his daughter at his flat in Wagle Estate area on January 18, 2008 when she was asleep and again on two occasions.
The additional sessions court judge Waghwase found Mishra guilty under section 376 (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), said additional public prosecutor Rupa Navle.
According to prosecution, Mishra`s wife was aware of the abuse.
Unable to cope with the torture the victim confided in her neighbours who helped her lodge an FIR against her father following which he was arrested in March 2008.
The judge relied on the deposition by the girl and prosecution`s argument that no girl will level such serious allegations against her father unless she is made to suffer due to his act of depravity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH