Man gets five-year RI for raping daughter
Thane: A local court on Saturday sentenced a man to five-year rigorous imprisonment for subjecting his teenage daughter to repeated sexual assaults in the city.
It was prosecution`s case that Hiralal Mishra (40) raped his daughter at his flat in Wagle Estate area on January 18, 2008 when she was asleep and again on two occasions.
The additional sessions court judge Waghwase found Mishra guilty under section 376 (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), said additional public prosecutor Rupa Navle.
According to prosecution, Mishra`s wife was aware of the abuse.
Unable to cope with the torture the victim confided in her neighbours who helped her lodge an FIR against her father following which he was arrested in March 2008.
The judge relied on the deposition by the girl and prosecution`s argument that no girl will level such serious allegations against her father unless she is made to suffer due to his act of depravity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read