Man gets life imprisonment for raping mentally challenged girl
Mumbai: An auto-rickshaw driver was sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for raping a mentally challenged girl.
According to sub-urban Malvani police, Nandlal Yadav (28), the accused, knew that the victim was mentally challenged. In March 2008, he found her alone and induced her to go to a nearby lodge.
After raping her there, he left the girl on the road. While he was fleeing, she pointed to his rickshaw when some rickshaw drivers saw her and asked her what was the matter.
One of them noted registration number of Yadav`s rickshaw and informed the police. Police tracked him down with the help of local auto-rickshaw union members.
During trial, the prosecution examined 15 witnesses.
Accepting the prosecution`s case, the sessions court convicted him last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?