Man gets life imprisonment for raping mentally challenged girl
Mumbai: An auto-rickshaw driver was sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for raping a mentally challenged girl.
According to sub-urban Malvani police, Nandlal Yadav (28), the accused, knew that the victim was mentally challenged. In March 2008, he found her alone and induced her to go to a nearby lodge.
After raping her there, he left the girl on the road. While he was fleeing, she pointed to his rickshaw when some rickshaw drivers saw her and asked her what was the matter.
One of them noted registration number of Yadav`s rickshaw and informed the police. Police tracked him down with the help of local auto-rickshaw union members.
During trial, the prosecution examined 15 witnesses.
Accepting the prosecution`s case, the sessions court convicted him last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack