Man gets life imprisonment for raping mentally challenged girl
Mumbai: An auto-rickshaw driver was sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for raping a mentally challenged girl.
According to sub-urban Malvani police, Nandlal Yadav (28), the accused, knew that the victim was mentally challenged. In March 2008, he found her alone and induced her to go to a nearby lodge.
After raping her there, he left the girl on the road. While he was fleeing, she pointed to his rickshaw when some rickshaw drivers saw her and asked her what was the matter.
One of them noted registration number of Yadav`s rickshaw and informed the police. Police tracked him down with the help of local auto-rickshaw union members.
During trial, the prosecution examined 15 witnesses.
Accepting the prosecution`s case, the sessions court convicted him last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh