Man gets life imprisonment for raping mentally challenged girl
Mumbai: An auto-rickshaw driver was sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for raping a mentally challenged girl.
According to sub-urban Malvani police, Nandlal Yadav (28), the accused, knew that the victim was mentally challenged. In March 2008, he found her alone and induced her to go to a nearby lodge.
After raping her there, he left the girl on the road. While he was fleeing, she pointed to his rickshaw when some rickshaw drivers saw her and asked her what was the matter.
One of them noted registration number of Yadav`s rickshaw and informed the police. Police tracked him down with the help of local auto-rickshaw union members.
During trial, the prosecution examined 15 witnesses.
Accepting the prosecution`s case, the sessions court convicted him last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional