Man held for allegedly raping stepdaughter in Maha
Mumbai: A 31-year-old man hailing from Bihar was arrested on Monday for allegedly raping his 21-year-old stepdaughter on several occasions for two months, at his house in suburban Goregaon, the police said.
A trap was laid and the accused Rajesh Kusuva was arrested from near Ratna Hotel in Goregaon under IPC sections 376 (rape) and 506(2) criminal intimidation, police said.
According to police, Rajesh had tied the knot with a married woman, who separated from her husband in 2005.
While the two stayed in the Teen Dongri area, her daughter who used to stay with the lady`s separated husband, came to her house in October 2012.
The trio began staying in the same house, when the accused allegedly raped his stepdaughter between December 2012 and January 2013 on a number of occasions, the police said.
Gaining courage, the victim reported the matter to her mother after which an FIR was registered on April 19. The accused had been absconding since then, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday