Man held for allegedly raping stepdaughter in Maha
Mumbai: A 31-year-old man hailing from Bihar was arrested on Monday for allegedly raping his 21-year-old stepdaughter on several occasions for two months, at his house in suburban Goregaon, the police said.
A trap was laid and the accused Rajesh Kusuva was arrested from near Ratna Hotel in Goregaon under IPC sections 376 (rape) and 506(2) criminal intimidation, police said.
According to police, Rajesh had tied the knot with a married woman, who separated from her husband in 2005.
While the two stayed in the Teen Dongri area, her daughter who used to stay with the lady`s separated husband, came to her house in October 2012.
The trio began staying in the same house, when the accused allegedly raped his stepdaughter between December 2012 and January 2013 on a number of occasions, the police said.
Gaining courage, the victim reported the matter to her mother after which an FIR was registered on April 19. The accused had been absconding since then, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader