Man held for allegedly raping stepdaughter in Maha
Mumbai: A 31-year-old man hailing from Bihar was arrested on Monday for allegedly raping his 21-year-old stepdaughter on several occasions for two months, at his house in suburban Goregaon, the police said.
A trap was laid and the accused Rajesh Kusuva was arrested from near Ratna Hotel in Goregaon under IPC sections 376 (rape) and 506(2) criminal intimidation, police said.
According to police, Rajesh had tied the knot with a married woman, who separated from her husband in 2005.
While the two stayed in the Teen Dongri area, her daughter who used to stay with the lady`s separated husband, came to her house in October 2012.
The trio began staying in the same house, when the accused allegedly raped his stepdaughter between December 2012 and January 2013 on a number of occasions, the police said.
Gaining courage, the victim reported the matter to her mother after which an FIR was registered on April 19. The accused had been absconding since then, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”