Man held for driving minor girl to suicide
Mumbai: After being persistently harassed by her neighbour, a 15-year-old girl ended her life in neighbouring Thane district, police said Friday.
The accused has been arrested by the police on the charge of abetment of suicide.
Praveen Gorkhane (22) was arrested yesterday for allegedly eve-teasing the girl for nearly a month, following which she committed suicide by hanging herself at her home in Potkal village under Vikramgarh taluka in Thane district, police said.
On Wednesday, the accused allegedly molested her by pulling her hand and also passed some comments, police said.
"When we were going to school after lunch, there were these boys who started harassing us, one of the boys, Praveen, held the victim and would not let her go, he asked me to leave," an eye witness said.
Disturbed by this, the girl rushed home crying and locked herself in a room where she hanged herself even as her family members kept knocking at the door asking her to open it.
The family members had to broke open the door of the room where she was found hanging, they added.
"When my sister was on her way to school, Gorkhane started harassing her and forced himself on her, my sister got scared and returned home instead of going to school. The incident left her scared and she committed suicide out of depression," Prabhakar Gadag, victim`s brother said.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation