Man held for driving minor girl to suicide
Mumbai: After being persistently harassed by her neighbour, a 15-year-old girl ended her life in neighbouring Thane district, police said Friday.
The accused has been arrested by the police on the charge of abetment of suicide.
Praveen Gorkhane (22) was arrested yesterday for allegedly eve-teasing the girl for nearly a month, following which she committed suicide by hanging herself at her home in Potkal village under Vikramgarh taluka in Thane district, police said.
On Wednesday, the accused allegedly molested her by pulling her hand and also passed some comments, police said.
"When we were going to school after lunch, there were these boys who started harassing us, one of the boys, Praveen, held the victim and would not let her go, he asked me to leave," an eye witness said.
Disturbed by this, the girl rushed home crying and locked herself in a room where she hanged herself even as her family members kept knocking at the door asking her to open it.
The family members had to broke open the door of the room where she was found hanging, they added.
"When my sister was on her way to school, Gorkhane started harassing her and forced himself on her, my sister got scared and returned home instead of going to school. The incident left her scared and she committed suicide out of depression," Prabhakar Gadag, victim`s brother said.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'