Man held for killing mother, burying body at home
Thane: A man was arrested for allegedly murdering his 70-year-old mother and then burying her body in the house to destroy evidence in Saphale village of Thane district, police said on Friday.
Somwar Kaliya Vedga (50) had a quarrel two days back with his mother Laxmi over Rs 600, which she used to receive as monthly pension. Vedga allegedly hit her with a sharp weapon following which she died, Saphale police inspector Sampat N Chavan said.
Somwar then dug up a pit in the house and buried his mother`s body there.
As the neighbours did not find the elderly woman around they raised a suspicion following which police was alerted.
Based on the complaint of the deceased`s other son Baban, police dug the spot in the house and the body was exhumed in the presence of the local tehsildar.
The accused has been charged under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what