Man held for killing mother, burying body at home
Thane: A man was arrested for allegedly murdering his 70-year-old mother and then burying her body in the house to destroy evidence in Saphale village of Thane district, police said on Friday.
Somwar Kaliya Vedga (50) had a quarrel two days back with his mother Laxmi over Rs 600, which she used to receive as monthly pension. Vedga allegedly hit her with a sharp weapon following which she died, Saphale police inspector Sampat N Chavan said.
Somwar then dug up a pit in the house and buried his mother`s body there.
As the neighbours did not find the elderly woman around they raised a suspicion following which police was alerted.
Based on the complaint of the deceased`s other son Baban, police dug the spot in the house and the body was exhumed in the presence of the local tehsildar.
The accused has been charged under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested