Man held for murdering woman in Thane
Thane: A 30-year-old man was arrested for allegedly killing a woman here, police said Monday.
Lahu H Gopad was nabbed from Diva town under Mumbra police station limits last night for killing a woman, also around 30 years of age, with a knife, inspector S R Nagarkar said.
The accused has been booked under section 302 (murder) of the IPC and also the Arms Act, police said adding that the reason behind the murder was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test