Man held for murdering woman in Thane
Thane: A 30-year-old man was arrested for allegedly killing a woman here, police said Monday.
Lahu H Gopad was nabbed from Diva town under Mumbra police station limits last night for killing a woman, also around 30 years of age, with a knife, inspector S R Nagarkar said.
The accused has been booked under section 302 (murder) of the IPC and also the Arms Act, police said adding that the reason behind the murder was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam