Man held for raping minor step-daughter in Thane
Thane: A 41-year-old man was arrested from the powerloom town of Bhiwandi for allegedly subjecting his mentally-challenged step-daughter to sexual abuse, police said Thursday.
"Kasim Hamid Shaikh allegedly used to rape the 14-year-old repeatedly at his house in Evai village in the district over a period of time," a police official said.
He was apprehended yesterday after the girl lodged a complaint against Shaikh with the help of some locals, the official said, adding that the accused was booked under Sec 376 (rape) of the IPC.
Police said the girl`s mother lived with Shaikh in the village after their second marriage.
"The victim fled the house as she was unable to bear the torture and was spotted by some locals who knew her in neighbouring Kalyan," Borande said.
The girl has been sent for a medical examination.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India