Man held for raping minor step-daughter in Thane
Thane: A 41-year-old man was arrested from the powerloom town of Bhiwandi for allegedly subjecting his mentally-challenged step-daughter to sexual abuse, police said Thursday.
"Kasim Hamid Shaikh allegedly used to rape the 14-year-old repeatedly at his house in Evai village in the district over a period of time," a police official said.
He was apprehended yesterday after the girl lodged a complaint against Shaikh with the help of some locals, the official said, adding that the accused was booked under Sec 376 (rape) of the IPC.
Police said the girl`s mother lived with Shaikh in the village after their second marriage.
"The victim fled the house as she was unable to bear the torture and was spotted by some locals who knew her in neighbouring Kalyan," Borande said.
The girl has been sent for a medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars