Man held for raping minor step-daughter in Thane
Thane: A 41-year-old man was arrested from the powerloom town of Bhiwandi for allegedly subjecting his mentally-challenged step-daughter to sexual abuse, police said Thursday.
"Kasim Hamid Shaikh allegedly used to rape the 14-year-old repeatedly at his house in Evai village in the district over a period of time," a police official said.
He was apprehended yesterday after the girl lodged a complaint against Shaikh with the help of some locals, the official said, adding that the accused was booked under Sec 376 (rape) of the IPC.
Police said the girl`s mother lived with Shaikh in the village after their second marriage.
"The victim fled the house as she was unable to bear the torture and was spotted by some locals who knew her in neighbouring Kalyan," Borande said.
The girl has been sent for a medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard