Man held for raping minor step-daughter in Thane
Thane: A 41-year-old man was arrested from the powerloom town of Bhiwandi for allegedly subjecting his mentally-challenged step-daughter to sexual abuse, police said Thursday.
"Kasim Hamid Shaikh allegedly used to rape the 14-year-old repeatedly at his house in Evai village in the district over a period of time," a police official said.
He was apprehended yesterday after the girl lodged a complaint against Shaikh with the help of some locals, the official said, adding that the accused was booked under Sec 376 (rape) of the IPC.
Police said the girl`s mother lived with Shaikh in the village after their second marriage.
"The victim fled the house as she was unable to bear the torture and was spotted by some locals who knew her in neighbouring Kalyan," Borande said.
The girl has been sent for a medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez