Man held for `sexually abusing` minor daughter
Thane: A forty-year-old man was arrested on Saturday for allegedly sexually abusing his teenage daughter here, police said.
According to police, they had received a complaint of kidnapping of the 13-year-old victim on October 31.
Following that, police launched a probe only to find out later that the girl had in fact left home on her own as her father had been sexually abusing her since the last two years, PSI V R Bankar of the Kasarwadavali police station said.
Based on the complaint filed by the mother of the victim the police arrested her father, who was today produced before local Magistrate. He was remanded in police custody till November 12.
The family lived in the Sainath Slum colony in the Kasarwadavali area.
The police have charged the accused under section 376 of the IPC and also The Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter