Man held for `sexually abusing` minor daughter
Thane: A forty-year-old man was arrested on Saturday for allegedly sexually abusing his teenage daughter here, police said.
According to police, they had received a complaint of kidnapping of the 13-year-old victim on October 31.
Following that, police launched a probe only to find out later that the girl had in fact left home on her own as her father had been sexually abusing her since the last two years, PSI V R Bankar of the Kasarwadavali police station said.
Based on the complaint filed by the mother of the victim the police arrested her father, who was today produced before local Magistrate. He was remanded in police custody till November 12.
The family lived in the Sainath Slum colony in the Kasarwadavali area.
The police have charged the accused under section 376 of the IPC and also The Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials