Man held for `sexually abusing` minor daughter
Thane: A forty-year-old man was arrested on Saturday for allegedly sexually abusing his teenage daughter here, police said.
According to police, they had received a complaint of kidnapping of the 13-year-old victim on October 31.
Following that, police launched a probe only to find out later that the girl had in fact left home on her own as her father had been sexually abusing her since the last two years, PSI V R Bankar of the Kasarwadavali police station said.
Based on the complaint filed by the mother of the victim the police arrested her father, who was today produced before local Magistrate. He was remanded in police custody till November 12.
The family lived in the Sainath Slum colony in the Kasarwadavali area.
The police have charged the accused under section 376 of the IPC and also The Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head