Man held for `sexually abusing` minor daughter
Thane: A forty-year-old man was arrested on Saturday for allegedly sexually abusing his teenage daughter here, police said.
According to police, they had received a complaint of kidnapping of the 13-year-old victim on October 31.
Following that, police launched a probe only to find out later that the girl had in fact left home on her own as her father had been sexually abusing her since the last two years, PSI V R Bankar of the Kasarwadavali police station said.
Based on the complaint filed by the mother of the victim the police arrested her father, who was today produced before local Magistrate. He was remanded in police custody till November 12.
The family lived in the Sainath Slum colony in the Kasarwadavali area.
The police have charged the accused under section 376 of the IPC and also The Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’