Man held for `sexually abusing` minor daughter
Thane: A forty-year-old man was arrested on Saturday for allegedly sexually abusing his teenage daughter here, police said.
According to police, they had received a complaint of kidnapping of the 13-year-old victim on October 31.
Following that, police launched a probe only to find out later that the girl had in fact left home on her own as her father had been sexually abusing her since the last two years, PSI V R Bankar of the Kasarwadavali police station said.
Based on the complaint filed by the mother of the victim the police arrested her father, who was today produced before local Magistrate. He was remanded in police custody till November 12.
The family lived in the Sainath Slum colony in the Kasarwadavali area.
The police have charged the accused under section 376 of the IPC and also The Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India