Man held for trying to smuggle in gold bars worth Rs 70 lakh
Mumbai: An Indian passenger returning from Dubai was on Saturday arrested at the Mumbai international airport for allegedly trying to smuggle in 2.55 kg of gold bars collectively valued at Rs 70 lakh, a Customs official said.
Muhammed Kunnapara from Kozhikode in Kerala, who arrived from Dubai on an Emirates flight 504 early morning, was intercepted at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport on suspicion, the official said.
"Kunnapara had cleverly hidden 22 gold bars each weighing 116 grams in battery of electric fan and radio," the official said.
The accused subsequently admitted to the crime and was placed under arrest under relevant sections of the Customs Act, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read